World Class Speaking In Action Book
Update Monday Jan 13, 2014
A new letter from our editor Amanda Rooker…
1) Older updates
–> Editor (12-19-2013)
Editor Notes (from 2 weeks ago – please read again)
2) Here is a sample chapter that has gone through the editing process that you can use as a model.
Approved Sample Chapter
This chapter is from Kathryn MacKenzie who worked with Amanda this last week. Note: Kathyrn wants you to know that this “final” version was not her first draft and that she received invaluable help from Amanda to improve it.
3) If you submitted a chapter you should have heard from Amanda that she received it. If not email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
We have received about 12 already.
4. Once again due to our tight April book launch and live event deadlines we need all chapters no later that January 15 (no exceptions) and preferably as early as possible.
If you can not make this deadline please contact Mitch@MitchMeyerson.com asap
As you can see from the Table of Contents below this will be an exceptional book and we expect it to be a #1 Amazon Best Seller. Very exciting!
Updated Table Of Contents
Part 1: The World Class Way
1. Craig Valentine and Mitch Meyerson: The World Class Speaking Competencies
2. Sarah Hilton: So Bald: The World Class Way
3. Teri Kingston -Phenomenal Action the World Class Way.
Part 2: World Class Speaking Structure
4. Teresa Dukes: Structure -The Roadmap To Success
5. Jeremy Tracey: The ABC’s for Your BANG Beginning!
6. Kathryn MacKenzie: Transitions: the most neglected part of a speech
7. Wade Randolph: Using Callbacks Can Help You Connect
8. Dave Chase: Create a Scene
9. Robert Gordyn: Closing With Impact
Part 3: Creating World Class Content
10. Mohamed Isa: Diligent Research for Delighting the Audience
11. Jennifer Leone: The True Message Behind the Story.
12. Rena Romano: Uncovering Your PARTS Formula
13. Anna Perdriau: My Pain Is Your Gain: Leveraging the Then, Now, and How Formula
14. Bob Goodyear: Tell a Technical Tale
15. Monika Sugiarto: Using Activities for Engagement
16. Richard C. Harris: How to Create Anchors That Captivate, Motivate, and Activate Your Audience
17. Nate Dunlop: Word Recipes that turn the audience’s appetite on
18. Kim Myers: Uncovering Humor
Part 4: World Class Speaking Delivery
19. David Otey: Upholding the Grand Bargain: Why You MUST Connect Emotionally with Your Audience
20. Lewis Roth: The 4 Elements of Engaging Your Audience
21. John Bates: Human Neurobiology: The Science of Speaking Success
22. Hayward Suggs: The Importance of Body Language
23. Hiba Hamdan: Using Visuals Like PowerPoint
24. Manley Feinberg: Elevate Your Visuals From Boring to BREAKTHROUGH
25. Bob Mohl: Staging Your Presentation
26. Tim Juda: Using Emotion to Enhance the Motion of Your Message
27. Valerie Fusion Bringing Your Characters to Life
28. Richard Ballard: Tell A Story and Make A Point
29. Willie Robinson: Transform your speaking with Eye Contact
30. Dell Self: Mastering the Q & A
31. Maureen Bell: Practice: Use It Or Lose It
Part 5: World Class Selling and Marketing
32. Mike Davis: 3 Steps to Earn Commitment to Your Coaching Business
33. Deirdre Van Nest: How to make offers when you speak without feeling scared, slimy, or slick.
34. William Reed : Becoming a TEDx Speaker
35. Jocelyne Vezina: Copyright, Trademark or both?
36. Diana Canaday: Then, Now and How is Your Best Sales Pal
37. Mark Vickers: Back of Room Sales
38. Jeanne Lee: From Conversation to Contract. Things to Consider Before Closing the Deal.
39. Carl Dusthimer: Tapping Into Asia
40. Danish Qasim: Knowing your audience across cultures OR Adding Rhetorical Devices:
41. Malachi Talabi: Keep ‘em hooked so you get re-booked!”
42. Lisa Vanderkwaak: World Class Fundraising
Part 6: World Class Virtual Speaking
43. Shari Strong: Energy and Intentions! How To Connect with a Virtual Audience
44. Michael Neuendorff: Making You Tube Your Stage
45. Anastasia Pryanikova: From Presentations to Virtual Presence: How to engage and grow your audience in the digital world
46. Daniel Moirao:Creating and Delivering World Class Teleseminars for fun and profit!
47. Mimi Brown: WOW with Webinars The World Class Speaking Way
48 . Henrik Brameus: Your voice in digital marketing
49. Ben Thorkelson: World Class Speaking As A Philosophy Of Life
End December 19 UPDATE
(Click on Editor Notes PDF and look at Craig’s chapter layout example below ).
We also realized that the Jan 15 deadline may be too tight to get the books for the Amazon launch and LIVE event in April.
SOOO… we really would love to have your chapters sometime in December (or as early as possible) so we can get them edited and printed in time. We can stretch to Jan 15 for a few of you, but you can see getting 50 chapters done in time may be challenging if everyone submits in January.
http://bit.ly/1aaqqnj (this is a clickable link your submission forms )
1. Meet Our Editor, Amanda Rooker
“Her editing brilliance is unparalleled” Christine Comaford
“She has a 100% satisfaction rate…plus she is affordable, fun to work with and fast”
David Hancock, Morgan James Publishing
“We have never worked with anyone who compares with Amanda Rooker” Martha Rodgers, PHD
She will be very affordable – around 8-10 dollars a page. It will be a little more only if you need her as a ghostwriter or the writing is very rough (but rather than me quote her on price I am happy to put you in touch with her, she is very fair and a great person). She has done collections like this before and works with entrepreneurs. She will make sure this is an excellent book from the writing and flow standpoint.
Editorial Notes fron Amanda
–> Editor Notes (click on link)
Please copy Craig’s chapter basic layout for your chapter so all the submissions will be consistent.
-> Valentine Chapter Layout Example (from Guerrilla Marketing On Front Lines)
* Submit your chapter to Amanda@amandarooker.com
please cc email@example.com and CraigValentine@me.com
As we said with 50 authors your chapter will be only 2400 words max or less.
If you are on the list below you are approved so you can start. We will send details of who to submit to soon.
If you cannot make this deadline please email mitch – firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP
3. Why is this quick timeline so important?
1) We plan to do an Amazon best selling book launch in April (I have done this twice before and have hit #1 each time).
2) We also plan to have copies for our Sept 13-14 World Class Speaking Live event in Phoenix. We need all the time submissons deadline to edit, layout and print the book. There really isn’t any room for delay.
Think how cool it will be to have all the authors at this event signing their best selling book with filled room of speaking prospects. Plus this will be the first big gathering of Certified World Class Speaking Coaches. Please hold this date as it will be an event you won’t want to miss and Craig and I really want to meet you live (more details on that event coming) .
4. Style: I have uploaded a few samples on this page (scroll down) so you can see how to craft a clear chapter with subheadings so the reader can scan sections. These sample chapters are in some cases longer than the 3000 words -remember yours will be 2400 words max. Please do not duplicate or use as they are parts of published books. (If you see an H1 or H2 tag ignore it -these are for publisher). Obviously your style may vary.
5. Misc. Regarding book contract Craig and I will sign that. We will need from you a signed release form when you submit your chapter so we can use material under the copyright of the book. This is standard and I have received this from 48 Online Marketing Superstars and 35 Guerrilla Marketing Coaches in those published books.
Table of Contents
Writing Style Considerations
**Download Editors Note at top of this page
Listen to this audio before writing–
We need all chapters to be consistent in form, style and readability. A good place to begin is to closely look at your World Class Speaking Book from a writing standpoint. Notice it is simple, clear and scannable. We like stories and “how to” bullet points.
** Promotion. Because we all want this book to be a best seller, we need you to commit to spreading the word on this book in significant way. We will have an Amazon launch so we need all of us to be active. That way you can say you are co-author of a best selling book!